Friday, August 15, 2014

Not Able to Trash Files in NTFS Drive in Ubuntu

Under my system setup, Ubuntu is installed on my 120GB ssd, and I have another 1TB NTFS Drive. As I save most of my data in this NTFS Drive, I enabled the Mount at startup setting under Disk setup to allow Ubuntu to automatically mount it on startup.


This work flawlessly, automatically mounted, and I even use the folder under my NTFS drive as the sync folder for my Dropbox. No issue on reading and writing files.

Problem happens whenever I try to delete some files inside this NTFS drive. Initially I thought the problem is cause by the delete key on my computer, but what really happen is that Ubuntu do not allow moving files in NTFS drive to trash. If I use Shift+Delete, the files can be deleted permanently without any problem, just the "move to trash" not working correctly.

A forumer, drs305 from this link here, suggested to add in "uid=1000" to fstab file. What I do is I add it under the Mount Options menu and it is working correctly after a reboot.


No comments:

Post a Comment