Saturday, January 8, 2011

Missed Your Task Manager in Windows?

Normally in my PC, while running Windows, whenever it runs slow, or a bit lagging, I will fire up my Windows Task Manager to view the current processes, the CPU Usage and Memory Usage. If it is too slow, or a program or process is using too much resources I might use the Windows Task Manager to kill it. So, its like Windows Task Manager is a must have stuff in an operating system, for me.

Switching from Windows to Ubuntu, I found my self do sometimes right click on the taskbar looking for Task Manager, until I found out that I am now using Ubuntu. So, for all the Ubuntu newbie like me, there is a Ubuntu version of Task Manager, don't worry, just need to get yourself use to it.

Go to System > Administrator > System Monitor.

I will say it is quite similar to WIndows Task Manager, called System Monitor. With System tab showing the information about the Ubuntu system, the place to check the version of your current Ubuntu install, Processes tab, similar to Windows Task Manager Processes, and File Systems tab, where you can  see all your drive informations.

Another thing to share here is, the System Monitor here is not accessible through the Ctrl-Alt-Del key. These key will only Shut Down the Computer menu.

Please leave comments if you have anything to share about Ubuntu System Monitor.

No comments:

Post a Comment